Hon Dr Ralph E. Gonsalves
Ralph Gonsalves talks a lot! He is particularly effusive at his frequently held press conferences. Unfortunately though, I do not get much from the Comrade at these events primarily because the journalists present are not prepared to ask certain critical questions of the Prime Minister.
I am concerned about the personal finances of the Comrade since taking office. As I pay attention to his utterances in recent weeks I can’t help but to wonder aloud. Indeed, I have several questions for him but at this time. But just like the BBC, I pose only 9.
1. Has the Prime Minister earned any income other than his personal emoluments since assuming office in 2001?
2, If the answer to 1 is yes could we be told the source or sources and the approximate amount?
3. At what cost did he develop a private property in the hills at Gorse?
4. Did his wife acquire a property in Cane Garden? If so, at what cost?
5. Two of his children are educated in England at the A’Level stage. Why weren’t they sent to our community?
6. How much did it cost Ralph Gonsalves to educate Storm and Soleil in England and who footed the bill?
7. Did Eloise Gonsalves, the wife of the prime minister, do any work for Dave Ames at Buccament and how much did she make?
8. Is it appropriate for the spouse of a sitting prime minister to go seeking contracts from investors and developers in the ilk of Dave Ames?
9. Is it correct to say that Ms Michelle Andrews was paid substantial moneys to cease all action against Ralph Gonsalves related to the charges of rape and indecent assault levelled against him?
I have several more for the Comrade. But, to keep this post brief, I will stay here for the time being. I would be really grateful if the prime minister would oblige.
Ericka A. Ballantyne